Pages

People and Place

Sunday 29 April 2012

Revisit Image British Museum

I've just upgraded to Lightroom 4 and am learning how to use the perspective tools.  I decided to revisit on of the images from assignment 3 in the British Museum.  Although I thought I had done a reasonable job of straightening and fixing barrel distortion, my tutor felt it was still a bit unbalanced.

So after a bit of playing around to learn how to use the new features in Lightroom 4, I think the image is better balanced now.  I have removed the barrel distortion. Used the rotate and vertical adjustments using the plinth in the centre of the image and the doorway as guides.

I think my original edit was too bright and I lost too much in the highlights.  I have changed the colour balance and brought up the shadows a bit more so there is more detail in the couple in the foreground.  By reducing the highlight adjustment there is now more detail in the ceiling.  I think this is a better adjustment.



If I compare it with the previous version:

No comments:

Post a Comment