Pages

People and Place

Friday 6 July 2012

Frustration with Blogger Format

I have finished my assignment and written it up in a word document. I have tried several ways to copy the document into blogger.  None terribly successful. All the formatting is lost. The last method I tried was to convert the word document to a google document then copy that to blogger.  An improvement in some areas but worse in others.  Bullet points a disaster.  Having spent too much time trying to make something work I am now back reformatting manually.  This is going to take me quite some time.
I have a workshop tomorrow, a wee taste of what DuckRabbit has to offer.  I'm really looking forward to it.  Another delay for the reformatting.  Monday it will be finished.

1 comment:

  1. I find that blogs in general (any brand) are not really ideal for essay-type formatting.

    Have you tried Microsoft Live Writer? that does allow formatting to be retained to an extent. Personally I don't try to put long papers on my blog - I find storing them somewhere like Dropbox and then putting a link on the blog is the most straightforward option if I really want to keep the whole looking as it was drafted. If you're considering that, saving as a pdf makes it easiest for a range of devices to open.

    I hope you had a great day with Duckrabbit!

    ReplyDelete